Friday, March 11, 2011

I Love To Have My Point Made For Me

Community Columnist Kelwyn Wright in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.


Right out of the box comes the "you're stupid".


I want to thank Gov. Scott Walker for all he's done to turn Wisconsin from a "blue" state to a "red" state. I used to think one had to be either a miscreant or an illiterate to live in a "red" state - after all, Kansas has gotten poorer and dumber as long as it has been a red state. And let's not forget how that "red state-y thing" worked out for California.


California is/was a "red state"?  Not in my lifetime.


Here, the belief that there is only one pie and it is only so big:


If Walker continues to cut taxes for businesses while not increasing revenue elsewhere, I'm sure he can bankrupt Wisconsin, too. I can't wait to join that "race to the bottom"!


Clearly Wright does not understand that economies grow...at least before 2008 they did.


Now to the meat of the matter:


First, let's require all private employees to work six months as unpaid "student workers" before they can begin their paid careers. Nothing prepares an individual for eventual employment like performing his or her future job for free!


This is called an "unpaid internship".  Pretty standard in many business sectors and a great way to get a foot in the door.


Second, let's require all private-sector employees to work hours beyond their scheduled workday for free, be expected to take work home and purchase their own supplies. Employers would love this, and Wisconsin would really be open for business!


Again, standard private-sector fare.  I worked about 11 hours today and I have a computer and Blackberry to connect me to work any time.  I do a not inconsequential amount of work  from home, as do many in the private sector.  We have done so for years.


Tests and post-secondary education?  Check.  I have had multiple certification along with my degree in engineering for many, many years.  Comes with the territory.  Life is very tough without some kind of post-secondary training and education.


I don't know this guy from Adam, but it seems to me he has no clue about how the private sector works.  Interesting that he (or she) is unemployed.

No comments: