Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hillary: The Movie

The Beer: Next up is a Lawnmower de Saison, a French farmstyle beer. Not only is the wine over there pretty good, the beer is quite good as well. This is a favorite summer beverage. Speaking of wine, there was plenty at our house last night with friends. I believe I'm still suffering the after-effects, although it's not as bad as it could have been.

The Bicycle: Pressed for time yesterday, I put in 20 miles, but I plan to go for 30-40 today. I added 20 lbs. over the winter and it's time to quickly shed that extra tonnage.

The VRWC: This is concerning. I'm shocked it would get this far. Of course, I'm shocked the Supremes haven't ruled McCain-Feingold unconstitutional yet. It seems to me this is a simple matter of political speech, whether it's an campaign ad or a documentary.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Above is arguably the most important statement in the Constitution of the United States. McCain-Feingold clearly abridges the First Amendment, whether the courts recognize it or not. While I think Michael Moore is a lying dirtbag, I support his right to make movies like Fahrenheit 9-11, Roger and Me and Bowling for Columbine.

It's a true slippery slope when the government limits speech.

No comments: