Sunday, January 18, 2009

Homeowners Underwater

Drowning in debt.

I've said it before: Greedy homeowners, greedy mortgage lenders and greedy real estate brokers with a complicit government. It's like giving whiskey and the car keys to a teen-ager. It's been this way for almost 40 years and now the chickens are home to roost.

For the record, I don't know anyone who isn't a layoff or unexpected medical bill from going under. That's pretty much how we live. How many people have 3 months living expenses? I had it in '02, it didn't matter, it was 6 months between jobs back then.

Hang on to your socks. It's gonna get worse. A lot. Plan on 10 years of "stimulus" and huge government. This has the potential to lead to hyperinflation and massive federal debt.

But I've rambled off-topic.

1 comment:

Big Fat Gini said...

Crisis? We're in a crisis? You wouldn't know with the way some people throw $170 million around for a frickin' inauguration.

(no, I'm not bitter at all)