Thursday, January 8, 2009

Democrats Don't Like Obama Tax Cuts

The Beer: I'm drinking the Winter Ale and eating a bowl of venison chili. Yum.

The Bicycle: I put the Univega up on the trainer and promptly fell off. I was sober.

The VRWC: Must be good tax cuts. I mean, if the likes of John Kerry don't like it, it must be good, right?

Some of the criticism, I agree with. $10-$15 a paycheck isn't going to help. Drop the 25% rate to 15% and the top rate to around 30% (although I'd rather see all income tax rates around 15%) and see how fast the economy turns around.

The Democrat alternatives are even worse. Government make-work will increase deficits and expand government. Just bad all around.

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

I'll take the Fair Tax, thanks.

Think of how useful that would have been. The FT is a consumption tax--meaning that it favors savings, not consumption.

That oughta ring a bell for those now mired in un-fixable debt.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I think the only thing that rings a bell for most people is Quasimodo.

That said, the Fair Tax is the correct answer. You win the prize! But right now, anything that puts significant money in the hands of the consumer is good.