Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stewardship

The Beer: I'm ready to start my summer brewing season. I was able to obtain Amarillo and Chinook hops, so I ordered the ingredients for my Amarillio Pale Ale. I lifted the recipe from a kit and made some enhancements. I should be brewing next weekend.

The Bicycle: It's certainly warm enough to ride today, but as cold as the streets are, there are some wet and slick spots. But Pitchers and Catchers report at this week. A sure sign. I should be on the road in 4-6 weeks.

The VRWC: The dirty little secret is that Conservatives are at least as good environmental stewards as Leftys. We just believe we should go about our business quietly. While I'm not a Green fanatic, I believe there are some things worth doing. Some tips:

In addition to the articles' points on paint, use it up. Even if you have a scrap piece of plywood, you can paint it, let the paint cure out and then it can go in the trash. And residue left in the container can be left to cure out and the container disposed of as trach or recycle.

No comments: