Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fairness Doctrine Rears It's Ugly Head

Any questions?

Some bloggers have blown off the idea that the Democrats would return to the "Fairness Doctrine". I think it's pretty clear what they intend. Silencing talk radio is certainly on the table. And I believe bloggers are next.

But it also goes to something I've believed for a long time. Your average Lefty is, IMHO the same person who as a child sucked at stuff like dodgeball and "tag". They'd run home to mommy and mommy would tell them how unfair life was to them and they should be allowed to win. The rest of us had to suffer them while we were either good at what we were playing, got good at it or found something we were good at. We went on to have successful, productive lives. They went on to be liberals. Liberals are bent on making the rest of us pay for their unhappy childhood.

4 comments:

Cindy K. said...

Nah. Bad analogy. I sucked at Dodgeball and kickball, and well, anything that had to do with a ball. It wasn't until I learned to play tennis as an adult that I felt I had conquered a sport.

I grew up to be fairly conservative.

They can talk the talk, but they won't have time to get around to the fairness doctrine.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Cindy, that's my point. Instead of crying over the unfairness of it all, you found something you were good at. Maybe the sports analogy is a little thin, but the point is don't whine about it and try to get revenge on those who were better. Find your niche.

You and I fundamentally disagree on the return of Fairness Doctrine, but we can debate it in Re-education Camp.

Ordinary Jill said...

Your sports analogy bears no resemblance to reality. Rush Limbaugh is a perfect example of a right-winger who believes the rules should only apply to everyone else. Looking at his physique, I'll bet he sucked at dodgeball. Obama is pretty good (and very competitive) at basketball. Suburban SUV-driving moms (who are likely to be conservatives) are the first to insist their little darlings get a soccer trophy. Snot-nosed rich kids like Michael Fay (remember the caning sentence in Singapore?) are the ones for whom the system is rigged.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Obviously, the analogy doesn't apply to everyone. I bet it applies to the majority.

Rush is a pretty good golfer. And again, he found something he was good at in the private sector.

That's my point (I'm clearly not being clear).