Sunday, February 1, 2009

Daschle

Senators question Daschle's late tax filing. And they should. It seems rather convenient that he "found" his mistake at this particular time (although I suppose it could be argued that he or his staff went over this stuff once it appeared he might be a candidate).

As with Geithner, I'm not seeing a good enough reason to let this one go.

"President Obama wanted to have a very ethical administration starting out and so on, but I think he's seeing how hard it is to avoid these kind of problems," Kyl said. "And I just wonder, if President Bush had nominated these people, what folks would be saying about that."

On a similar note, I see Senator Feingold voted against Geithners' confirmation. Kudos. While I disagree with my Senator on almost anything, he made the right call.

No comments: