Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Those Who Can, Do.....

The Beer: Frozen cranberries do not puree well. It sounds like rocks bouncing around the food processor. That said, the job is done and the Cranberry Wheat is in the secondary fermenter, with a planned bottling this weekend.

The Bicycle: The 10-speed is cleaning up very nicely. It clearly has not been ridden much....if at all. Part are still going to be an issue.

The VRWC:
Those who can't, well....... you know how that goes.

My mom was a teacher for a lot of years. Taught 4th, 5th and 6th grades in Oconomowoc. I saw a lot then. Then I went to college and saw a lot there. Between jobs, I did some substitute teaching. Saw a lot there. My conclusion, based on what I've seen is that there are too many people who go into teaching because they can't do math and science.

I know I'm going to hear about this, and that's ok. I understand that teaching is not an easy job (at least if one does it well). But the pay and benefits in this state are unbelievably good. Is it too much to ask that teachers be expert in their subjects?

WEAC claims to want the best education for our children. Prove it by holding teachers accountable for expertise.

No comments: