Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stupidity on Display

Maybe they feel the need to defend themselves?

I don't know, call me crazy, but if I'm out there in Antarctic waters, doing my whaling thing (don't misunderstand me here....I'm not in favor of commercial whaling, but I am in favor of personal defense) and someone starts flying a helicopter around me from another ship and I know their agenda is to stop what I'm doing, I might throw a rock or two at them as well.

"This was an extremely irresponsible thing to do," helicopter pilot Chris Aultman said of the sonic equipment.

"That device can cause nausea and disorientation and the use of it against an aircraft is both extremely dangerous and grossly irresponsible."


No, it was dangerous to go flying around your enemy in Antarctic waters. What did these guys expect. They were the ones declaring war and they don't expect the enemy to defend themselves?


A Sea Shepherd statement said the Japanese Shonan Maru No.2 also fired water cannon "in an attempt to destroy the helicopter on the landing pad".

No, really? Get a grip dude. You are at war. Literally. Again, I'm not in favor of commercial whaling, but I'm less in favor of stupidity.

No comments: