Saturday, September 26, 2009

Advice

Jill Sixpack had some advise for us Teabaggers. I replied as follows:

1. JTP is smarter than Joe Biden.

2. Very few at the tea parties I've attended (I think one...in Milwaukee) has made any Birther statements - it was a sign and the guy was alone. Way alone.

The Canal zone was US territory at the time of McCain's birth.

3. Jesse Ventura? Seriously? You're killing your cred here.

4. Libs shouldn't be arguing with us over increased government power. No government in history has failed to oppress their own when they obtained enough power. And Soft Tyranny is still tyranny. But Leftys seem to think it's ok with this Administration. But they should cconsidder this: I'll stipulate this Administration would do nothing nefarious with all that information and power over the citizenry. OK. But what about the next one? Or the next? Or the next?

5. What about Bush was equal to Hitler? Did you ask that? Further, just like Birthers, I see almost none of those. There are statements clearly relating what is happening in this country now to what happened in 1930's Germany, and I think some comparisons are valid. But our side is much less "Obama=Hitler" than the Left was with Bush...or for that matter is in characterizing us.

Last, you say we should be more like a political protest. So maybe some broken windows or burned-out cars? Looting and mayhem?

Jill: Maybe you should attend a TEA Party before you condemn it. It's not what you think.

What disappoints me is the recurring theme about how we are "marginalizing ourselves". I don't believe we are. For each of us that attends, I am finding 5-10 people who say, "yeah I wish I could have been there". Many are just as frustrated and concerned, but do not attend TEA Parties. From many who voted for TCO, when asked about policy issues state, "Well...I'm really not paying attention". I guess the proof will be November of 2010.

The larger question here is why the Leftys call us names and refuse to engage us in debate on the issues. Why do they want to give us "advise" on how to protest instead of telling us what's good about TCO's programs? Why not just provide some evidence that makes a little sense (no, "45,000 die every year from lack of health insurance" doesn't make sense - smell test, anyone?). Nah. the level of discourse is raised much higher through name-calling.

We are not stopping. We are having an effect; there's a reason the Senate version of the Healthcare bill is being done in private. Frankly, I'd like to throw them all out. My guy votes my way. But he's been a congressman since I was a kid. He needs to go, too.

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

this Administration would do nothing nefarious with all that information and power over the citizenry. OK. But what about the next one? Or the next? Or the next?

PRECISELY the problem with some elements of the Patriot Act.

It's all about the policy.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Agreed. I have greatly modified my position on the Patriot Act over the years. From grudging approval to "Time to Repeal".