Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't Read This Post

I'm bitter.  Yeah, I said it and I mean it.  For about 35 years, I  have been calling from the mountaintops.  I've been screaming the alarm.  I've been telling everyone I know what was coming.  I was called all the names you hear the folks on MSNBC use for Conservatives.  I was beaten down, yet I continued to stay the course.  None of you listened; you all thought I was nuts.  You all were busy partying, having your fun lives while I was busting my hump.  Working, raising children, finishing college, serving my country.

Here we are in 2008 and suddenly, this guy comes out of nowhere and wins the presidency and along with him come bullet-proof majorities, not only in both houses, but in state governments as well.  Now you all are panicked.  Now you all are involved.  You are too late.  I fear the battle may be won, but the war may be lost.

Too late.  I tried.  If you have been with me for all these years, thanks.  Otherwise you, too get to reap  the rewards of doing nothing.  It took so little time to lose liberty.

3 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

That's the American spirit! See a daunting challenge, throw your hands in the air, and declare it finished. Oh, and then blame everyone else for your decision to give up. Woohoo! Go, America, go!

Heh. Come on Deekaman, we all feel overwhelmed, even angry and frustrated, but we don't give up. Not as long as we have air in our lungs and life in our bodies. We're Americans, not Russian or Chinese peasants, not defeated and deflated Germans, not third world subjects of a tyrant dictator. We are Americans, and we will not be defeated by an effete band of academics, lunatics, and assorted enemies of freedom and liberty.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I knew it for the frustration it was. It helped to get it on paper. That's why I titled it,"Don't Read This Post".

All better....on with the fight.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Totally understand, but that's one of the great things about our conservative blogosphere, we're here to listen and to encourage and to support each other when we get overwhelmed and frustrated. :)