Monday, December 13, 2010

I May Be Repeating Myself Here's the deal.

  • Sierra-Tango-Foxtrot-Uniform
  • If you are 50 years old or older, you get Social Security as it is now
  • If you are younger than 50 you can either stay in the current system or you can elect to take your current "account" (I realize there is no such thing, but bear with me) and all future payments and put them in a government-approved investment - I'm thinking government bonds.  Help the Federal Debt and get something back for it.
  • If you are not yet paying Social Security tax, you will take the government-approved investment program.
  • The general fund will ensure that all payouts are made as they should be for everyone who remains in the current system.
Now stop screaming "THEY ARE STEALING YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY" and get back to some real work.

I am happy to bring you this public service.

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

You left out the best part:

If you participate in the alternative to SS, you get to KEEP the money and/or will it to your heirs.