Saturday, December 3, 2011

Herman Cain Suspends His Campaign

I am terribly disappointed.  While many of us disagree on Cain's stands and whether or not he would be a good President, I don't think anyone can doubt his courage.  He went up against the political class.  They tried to destroy him and while he suspended, he continues to inspire and will continue to fight.

I've heard Herman Cain speak 3 times, met and spoke to him twice.  I was able to speak with him at length in Sheboygan, Wisconsin at a TEA Party rally, when many of us called out to him to run for President.  He was, and is my choice.  Is he perfect?  No.  But he believes in what is great about the United States of America.

I wish him success and long life.

3 comments:

Dad29 said...

He'll do just fine. And he was a straight-shooter, which bothered the hell out of the Political Professionals.

OTOH, for me, at least, he couldn't get past his stark ignorance on some matters (public-employee unions for example), and one suspects that he hasn't been entirely forthcoming with his wife about matters on which she should be fully informed. (She prolly would have counseled him that financial assistance to that dame was NOT a good idea.)

He has a good base, however, and it will be interesting to see which way he directs their attention.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I agree on all points. Inspirational, but his knowledge and his judgement in picking his campaign team bothered me from the start.

Don't know which way I'm headed yet, but I'm thinking a two-three man race. Newt, Romney and Paul. Won't take Romney (I'll vote for him - or any of them if nominated), Newt is very good at communicating his vision, but is also a big government-type and while I like Ron Paul's Constitutional stand, there is little else that strikes me as worth getting out there for.

Dad29 said...

Watch Santorum and Perry in Iowa.