Saturday, March 10, 2012

Like Waiting for Godot, I Suppose

The Wisconsin Democrats, joined by one Republican (RINO) ginned up some excuses to kill the mining bill.  Friend Bob is wondering when the unions are going too come to the aid of their brethren, so despicably and inexplicably denied good paying jobs in northern Wisconsin. 


In case you are unable to access the posting, here it is in its entirety:



I'm Waiting For The Call To Protest At The Capitol This Weekend.

by Robert Utecht on Saturday, March 10, 2012 at 9:33am ·




Because the Democrats in the Wisconsin State Senate rejected the Mining Bill this week, I'm
waiting for the call from the Unions to protest at the Capitol this weekend.
Because the Democrats rejected all of these great paying Union Jobs for my Union Brothers and
Sisters up North this week, I'm waiting for the call from the unions to go protest the
Democrat State Senators today.
I'm waiting for UW students to come and stand beside us because of what the Wisconsin
Democratic Senators have done.
I know that, the first time around, this was never about Republican vs. Democrat. The first
time around, it was about doing the right thing, protecting Union jobs.
I'm waiting with my vuvuzela and a 5 gallon bucket. I also have a jugful of change to shake.
I have my chants all ready.
I'm waiting for the Solidarity Singers to sing a song for my Union Brothers and Sisters up
North that can't have a decent paying job thanks to the Wisconsin State Democratic Senators.
I'm waiting for my Union Brothers and Sisters from WEAC, AFSCME, and the other Public Unions
to call in sick Monday to protest with us, like so many Teamsters, UAW, UFCW, and other did
for them.
I'm ready to get in the face of those dems that support these Wisconsin Democratic Senators.
I'm ready to occupy the Capitol and bang on doors.
I'm ready to stay out there for days with no shower facilities.
I'm ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with THOUSANDS of my Union Brothers and Sisters to
fight this injustice by the Wisconsin Democratic State Senators.
I'm waiting. . .


Bob will continue to wait because the unions which would benefit from the mines are not the ones who supply the coffers of the Wisconsin Democrat Party. On balance, the mine would be a win for Governor Walker and a loss for the Democrats. They will not relent until they have power back. Then you can be assured they will support legislation like this.

No comments: