Friday, September 2, 2011

GOP Response?

Not as far as I can tell.  At what point will the GOP take the fight to the opposition? I sent this to Sensenbrenner today:


I am appalled not only at the comments from Rep. Andre Carson (“some of them in Congress right now of this tea party movement would love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree.”), but also by the failure of the Republican majority to not only defend those whom he has slandered, but also to call for sanctions up to and including his resignation.  Can you imagine the response had a white Congressman slandered the Congressional Black Caucus in such a way?  


The comments from Carson and further comments from Rep. Jackson and others demand a strong response.  I suggest if the Congressional Republicans are too afraid to take action, it will be necessary to find new representation.


Having dealt with my Congressman a couple times, I doubt this will phase him in the least.

No comments: