Sunday, September 25, 2011

More Herman Cain

Althouse wanted to talk about Herman Cain after his straw poll win in Florida.  My comments (typos and all):


I have met Herman Cain, shook his hand, looked him in the eye and was able to ask pointed questions at a TEA Party rally in Sheboygan last year.  He's the Real Deal.  absolutely, positively the one we are looking for on the Right.  He is inspirational, smart, street smart and capable of filling his cabinet and "kitchen cabinet" with the right people.  Remember that Reagan's success was his Big Ideas and hiss ability to communicate.  But Reagan also surrounded himself with the right people for the policies he wanted to implement.


I care not that Cain is Black.  I care not that he has held no elective office (neither did George Washington).  I care that he has the right values and principles and policies to make the United States of America great again.


Further, I agree with commenter " Pogo": "I see little evidence that experience in public office offers much more than training in featherbedding and corruption."

3 comments:

Dad29 said...

I KNEW there was a reason I liked Pogo!!

Just a conservative girl said...

His gaffes on the constitution are hard to overlook.

If they don't understand the limits of the office than I don't want them.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I can chalk up the gaffes to inexperience. As opposed to the "gaffes" made by every other candidate (except Ron Paul, but there are other issues there) which are made because they still believe Big Government is good.

I think Cain understands those limits - now. If he fails to show that he does, I will be done with him as well.