Saturday, October 2, 2010

Follow the Logic

The Beer: I brewed an Irish Red Ale Thursday night. Today, I will brew up a Liberty Ale. I may also complete my Winter Ale, but that is TBD.

The Bicycle: Picked up a sweet hard-tail Trek Mountain Bike from a guy at work. Best part? Price (or lack thereof).

The VRWC: I trade my labor for something of value (wages). Someone out there takes a portion of my wages for something they want. By extension, are they not helping themselves to my labor without compensating me? Is that not slavery? This is my argument against "entitlements".

Now, some will say, "I don't want my money to go to wars, but I pay taxes anyway". My response is that wars fall under "common defense". It is a legitimate function of the Federal government. We don't have to like it.

No entitlement falls within the bounds of the Constitution. That they exist does not legitimize them. Entitlement programs that "spread the wealth" violate the fifth, ninth and tenth amendments.

You have no right to the fruits of my labor.

No comments: