- Obamacare "Repeal and Replace"? There is no "Replace". Get out of the Healthcare field. Repeal the damn thing, enact tort reform and pretty much done. I'd love to see all government-run healthcare programs disappear, but that won't happen. Odd as it might sound, people did not go without healthcare before the government stuck their nose into it
- On reducing the size of government. "Net hiring freeze"? That ain't workin' for me. I want to see departments required to reduce their workforce by 20% across-the-board. The Private Sector requires it, the Public Sector should as well. Some will retire, others need to be fired anyway and the rest can be given "lovely parting gifts" and sent off to find a real job. EPA needs to be reined in. Energy Department and Education Department should be considered for disbanding. They provide no value. Schools continue to fail and energy policy is worse than non-existent. See? That wasn't so hard.
- I like the idea of Constitutional Authority citation in each bill. For too many years, unconstitutional laws have been put in place because it was never challenged in court. If it isn't challenged, it stays.
- "One-at-a-time" legislation sounds good, but there will be unforseen consequences (there always are). On the other hand, how much more legislation can possibly be needed?
- National Security. The first priority is to secure the border. The second is to enforce immigration laws and deport illegals. The legislation needs to be written in such a way that the Leftist "Amnesty First" bunch can't clog the courts. Fact is, these people are here illegally. They have no Rights according to our Constitution. Anchor babies? Here's the deal: The child is an American citizen. It stays here. You go home and don't come back. You made the choice knowing the facts and thinking you could stay here. Yeah....no. Also, be sure National Interest is really at stake before going to war. If the facts seem incontrovertible, check them again. And again.
This is all well and good, but in the end, you better freakin' do it or we will throw your sorry asses out too.