Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Anointed One

Edit: After writing, I found this exceptional piece at Neoneocon. Stop by and read it.

The Beer: I'll be bottling the Irish Red today. The Pale Ale is a big hit. Guess the secret ingredient and I can provide a little more. I'm hoping the price of hops comes down a little so I can brew another batch. The Cherry Wheat has been mostly well received, but some don't care for it. That's ok. I don't brew for everyone. Only those with good taste. ;-)

The Bicycle: I thought going north and west was a good idea yesterday. It means I'd have the wind at my back on the way home. Yeah...no. I found my self due west of Big Cedar Lake. Now, I could have gone south and picked up Pleasant Valley Road in about 1 mile and been home in about an hour and some change. Maybe even made the run over to Port and back home along the Lake. But noooooo...I decided it would be a good idea to head north and pick up 33 over to West Bend and head south from Newburg. It turned out to be 66.5 miles and almost 4 hours in the saddle. Not all that bad except I was unprepared for that distance. Didn't bring enough food and needed more "sports drink" to maintain my electrolytes. I started to cramp up in the shower. Made it to the bed and had my wife bring me a glass of orange juice. Within minutes, the cramping was gone. Just needed a little potassium. A little lunch and a short nap and I was good-to-go. No ride today. It was raining when I got up and now yardwork calls. My faithful steed awaits tomorrow.

The VRWC: Is it just me? Or has the election already happened? It seems Senator Obama has already been anointed as the next President. And for the record, he's running against Senator McCain, not President Bush. Though you'd never know that from the media or the Obama campaign.

A quick Google Search shows twice as many hits for Obama as McCain. Does it mean anything? I don't know. Draw your own conclusions.

I'm giving serious consideration to voting 3rd Party or Write-In this year. Neither candidate is in my best interest. Neither has a (realistic) energy policy. Both plan to tax us to death in support of the Global Warming Hoax....which, incidentally will go down in history as the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the World. Neither has a viable plan to fix (preferably eliminate) the Social Security System that steals from our (arguably less well-off) children to fund our retirement at a golf resort. If you haven't adequately planned for retirement, keep working. Neither has a viable plan for securing the border. The only upside to McCain is his grasp of National Security. There are "bad guys" out there and they don't want to "talk".

I wonder how long the Democrats can make, "It's Bush's fault", the answer to problem.

I see Obama has decided public financing isn't such a great idea. This guy is slicker than Clinton ever thought of being. But since the public and media have no critical thinking skills and certainly not even a rudimentary understanding of economics, he'll continue to be "The Anointed One".

No comments: