Friday, March 26, 2010

Yes, You Should

When I attended the Defending the American Dream Summit a couple weekends ago, I aksed Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner about the Constitutionality of Cap and Trade. His response to me was that he could not say; it was up to the Supreme Court to decide. When we returned, I contacted his office via the internet and stated my displeasure regarding his answer. His response to me was in a similar vein.

Now I have a good bit of respect for the Congressman. We hold similar values and agree on a broad front. I have had the opportunity to meet him, shake his hand and speak with him. But I have to admit a very strong disappointment here. Congress should never, ever propose legislation for which they are unable to cite Constitutional Authority. Otherwise, it's open season on the Constitution, hoping the whatever you want will stick.

No wonder we are at this point in our country.

Congressman Sensenbrenner (and the rest): Do your homework. Read and study the Constitution and its' intent before proposing legislation.

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

Well, yah....(as if they cared.)

BUT you didn't find Sensen voting FOR that piece of s*&^

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

True, but he should be voting for or against it based on Constitutional as well as policy grounds. At the very least,he should know.