"Global Warming is Bull$4!7!" The crowd loved it. Other points:
"Cap and Trade is tyranny over mind and body"
While Copenhagen was a failure, it will be back at conferences already scheduled for Guam, Cancun and South Africa.
Lord Monkton also spoke at the reception Friday night and later during the breakout sessions. He made both moral and economic arguments against fighting (alleged) AGW, even if it is real.
- Biofuels have taken food out of the supply, raising prices and resulting in starvation and food riots in the Third World. Won't see that on CNN.
- The science is wrong, so the policy is wrong. If applying the Precautionary Principle, the science better be perfect.
- Dealing with the (alleged) problem requires a shutdown of the economy. But by the UNs own estimates, zero carbon emissions worldwide for one year will only result in a temperature reduction of 1/20 deg F.
- We should be adapting to any (alleged) climate change.
- Conservatives should use the moral as well as the economic arguments to take the moral high ground.
He reiterated his challenge to debate the Goracle more than once.
He described dolomitic rock formed from a time when CO2 in the atmosphere was estimated at 300,000 ppm (current concentration is 380 ppm-or-so) and glaciation ruled the Earth.
I've been looking for video, but none appears to be posted yet.