Ryan nails a number of excellent points in this fairly long read. The Good (he nails these points):
- The country is at a tipping point where (paraphrasing a well-known quote) "a majority can vote itself a raise from the federal treasury". Passing this point will be the end of the Great Experiment that is The United States of America.
- "Crony Capitalism" is alive and well under this administration. "To Big To Fail" includes as a corollary "To Small To Succeed".
- Republicans and Democrats both bear responsibility for the forward march of Leftist policy. Even when they haven't directly driven the Big-Government policy, the GOP has aided and abetted.
- The bureaucracy is out-of-control, overpaid and a major part of the problem.
- The National Debt is rapidly becoming unsustainable.
- Congressman Ryan makes the claim that today's Progressives are "bad" and those of yesterday were "good". I disagree. Today's Progressives are the natural descendants of yesterday's. The follow-on to the "good government" policies of 100 years ago are things like "Universal Healthcare", which you may recall has been proposed and rejected for the last 100 years.
- While I agree with much of the Congressman's "Roadmap", it still contains many "European-style" social welfare programs that will continue to be exploited for votes and are fundamentally unsustainable.
- I see no plan for dismantling the Federal Bureaucracy. Until that happens, nothing changes.