Thursday, July 10, 2008

Too Big?

The Beer: The Belgian is done fermenting and I plan to transfer to the secondary tomorrow. In the meantime, the Red, Pale and Cherry are big hits. I should do this for a living.

The Bicycle: I scored 20 tonight before the rain. Good ride at 20 mph. I'm getting better. Unfortunately, this is a sad story. I think about the possibility every time I get on the bike, but remind myself that there's a better chance I'll be in an accident on the way to work. Even with this tragedy, I see people riding with no helmet and/or an IPod stuck in their ears. Ya gotta be kiddin' me. This is insane. You have to pay attention and you have to protect the coconut. I've heard all the arguments and they're all B.S. The only one who will protect you out there is you. If you choose not to, don't expect my sympathy.

The VRWC: Wow. Clearly a couple guys with no grasp of economics. If GM can fail (and they're on the verge), Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac can fail. I would argue they are very vulnerable right now and, not being much of a friend of throwing taxpayer $$ around, I'd be inclined to throw some now before it becomes a crisis. A default of either (or both) of these institutions would be a disaster. Holding nearly 1/2 as much in mortgages as the National Debt, a failure of either of these would likely make recovery from the current downturn long and hard. Putting taxpayer dollars into these institutions now, before crisis, will save much in the long run.

No comments: