Monday, May 19, 2008

Well THAT Was a Bad Idea

The Beer: A fine Honey Pale Ale. which I think is competetive with Sierra Nevada. With the price of hops, it was the most expensive batch I've ever brewed. I expect much from it. Two weeks to bottle and another two to drink.

The Bicycle: The Madone loyally took me to Port Washington and back. Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperative. Between cold and wet, it was, all-in-all a truly miserable 40 miles. Hence, the "Bad Idea" theme.

The VRWC: President-Elect....er....Dewmocrat Nominee....I mean, candidate Senator Obama wants Republicans to lay off his wife. OK. Shut her up and we won't have anything to say. You put her on the campaign trail. She's fair game. I don't see Clinton or McCain whining about the treatment of their spouses, so shut up.

I predict here and now that Obama will be crushed worse than McGovern. I see the same populism and same "Rock-Star" popularity. Maybe he takes Oregon.

Or maybe he beats McCain like a rented mule. I'm too afraid to stay home.

No comments: