Saturday, November 10, 2012

Election Observations

Guest post by Deekawife 3.0.

As a poll worker I observed young people voting, some for the first time.  They were registering to vote and told several of my poll co-workers that it was their first time voting.  We have to ask them where they live and where they are registered to vote.  We witnessed several hundred college students who appeared to be committing voter fraud with no remorse or guilt, and some actually appeared proud to commit voter fraud.

Now, the polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.; 13 hours.   For example, one young woman, who came through at 11:00 a.m. asked to register after telling us she lived and was registered to vote in Milwaukee.  I asked her how long she was going to be at Concordia that day and why she did not have time to drive to Milwaukee to vote?  She got up and left the poll.  I later looked over to see her registering around 3:00 p.m.  Did she vote in Milwaukee as well?  Also, about an hour before the polls closed, as many as a dozen students came in to register and vote.  In fact we had students come in to vote until 15 minutes before the polls closed. We had no way of determining if they were fraudulent or not.  I can only assume parents and/or professors encourage this, assuring them they would not be caught since this state has not only no voter ID requirement, but also allows same-day registration.  It is ripe for fraud.   The only thing that ran through my mind was if you can readily commit voter fraud with no remorse, what else will these young people do with no remorse or guilt in their life?  I have three nieces and one nephew and if any one of them would do this I would disown them in a second!   I have learned in my 53 years of life, good things come back to you if you do good things.  I drove home from working on Election Day from 6:30 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. and I cried for my four grandsons!   I kept thinking they did not vote for this, but they will inherit the debt this election will add to their lives.  I cried all the way home, then I sat in the dark and cried.  I finally went to bed and my wonderful, loving husband wrapped his arms around me and all I could do was cry.   I cried myself to sleep and the last time I looked at the clock it was 3:00 a.m. and I woke up at 5:15 a.m. and knew I could not sleep even though I was exhausted.  I was numb all day.  If these college students call me some day looking for employment and complain about how difficult it is to find a good paying job with a degree, I will ask  them who they voted for.  When they respond "Obama",  I will say, "this is what you voted for."  They will be far too ignorant to understand and still be looking for a decent paying job because they are too ignorant to get it.

No comments: